Dear Prospective Volunteer:
Fordham Law School’s Feerick Center for Social Justice invites experienced attorneys to an informational session on Monday, September 26th at 6:00 PM for those interested in volunteer opportunities to assist low-income New Yorkers with consumer debt defense, specialized identity theft assistance, and credit reporting issues. The informational session will introduce a program at the Feerick Center called the Legal, Economic, and Educational Advancement Project (LEEAP), an AmeriCorps VISTA initiative.
This session will provide information regarding consumer debt and credit-related LEEAP volunteer opportunities available through LEEAP host partners including, but not limited to:
• Limited legal advice and / or full-scope representation of defendants in consumer debt cases;
• Staffing a hotline to provide limited-scope advice on consumer debt matters;
• Assisting indigent individuals with filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy petitions as appropriate;
• Providing one-on-one assistance to resolve identity theft and assist with credit reporting issues; and
• Financial coaching in the areas of banking, savings, credit, and debt.
Host organizations provide training for and supervision of volunteer attorneys.
Date: Monday, September 26th, 2016
Time: 6:00 PM-7:00 PM
Location: Fordham Law School
150 West 62nd Street, Room 7-119
New York, NY 10022
Please forward this introductory email to anyone who may be interested in attending the orientation.
If you have any questions about LEEAP, please feel free to contact Shannon Litvin
, AmeriCorps VISTA Member and LEEAP Consumer Coordinator, at email@example.com
or at 212-636-7715
Thank you for your consideration of this request. We hope to see you on September 26th!
Dora Galacatos John D. Feerick
Executive Director Senior Counsel