Dedicated to the progress and advancement of all paralegals.
CUNY CITIZENSHIP NOW!
APPLICATION ASSISTANCE DAY
CO-SPONSORED BY NEW YORK STATE SENATOR MARTIN DILAN
Immigration Clinic Pro-Bono Volunteer Opportunity
For New York City Paralegal Association Members
Saturday March 5, 2011
11:00 AM until 3:00 PM
Breakfast for voluntees will be served at 10:00 AM
At The Bushwick Ascend Charter School
751 Knickerbocker Avenue, Brooklyn, New York
· Volunteers will prepare naturalization applications for legal permanent residents, who are applying for U.S. Citizenship.
· Prior Immigration Clinic Experience is required.
· Volunteers should be familiar with the requirements are for naturalization, and how to spot potential red flags to Citizenship.
· Attorneys will be on hand to do the initial legal intake and legal review.
· Knowledge of a foreign language is not required, attendees speak English.
To Register for the Clinic: Please Send An E-mail to Probono@nyc-pa.org The Pro-Bono Chairperson will forward you a link to register directly with CUNY Citizenship Now! If you have questions leave a message at 516-851-4007.
(Please also realize that when you volunteer for this pro-bono opportunity, you are also representing the New York City Paralegal Association, Inc. If you can no longer participate in the project than please inform the pro-bono chairperson in a timely manner.)