Dedicated to the progress and advancement of all paralegals.
What happens when a person dies without a Will?
1.0 general CLE credit approved
W. Zehava Schechter, Esq.
What are the consequences of dying intestate (without a Will).
The topics to be discussed include:
· Estate Administration: What happens after a loved one (or more remote relative) dies? What you can and should do.
· Who has standing to bring an Administration petition? What is the order of priority for appointment of a fiduciary?
· Who inherits if there is no Will?
· How is an administration proceeding different from a probate proceeding?
· Miscellaneous issues: Surety Bond, Accounting...and Much More!
About the Speaker: W. Zehava Schechter, Esq. is an attorney admitted to the New York Bar for more than 30 years. Her law practice is concentrated in Estate Planning and Administration, Elder Law, Real Estate Law, and Business Law in New York City and on Long Island. She may be contacted at SchechterLaw@gmail.com or via telephone at (516) 292-1550. Her website is www.SchechterLawNY.com. Ms. Schechter is also the host of the LI Law Podcast, which may be downloaded wherever you find your podcasts. The website is: https://lilawpodcast.podbean.com/.
REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY AND CLOSES 24 HOURS PRIOR TO EVENT
The link to our virtual room will be emailed 24 hours and approximately 2 hours prior to the meeting.